We normally do not think about garbage trucks when we talk about accidents on the road. Even so, we should be aware of this possibility. Although we do not often think about hitting a garbage truck, the truth is more collisions happen between passenger vehicles and garbage trucks than we would like to believe. These can be caused by several factors. According to lawyers for garbage truck accidents, the very common ones are:
- Improper braking. This can be due to the operator or the spotter’s negligence. A garbage truck has to respect specific rules so that it prevents death and injury when trash is collected.
- The truck drivers keep backing even if they do not have visual contact with the on foot workers.
- Not using a spotter.
- Keeping backing even if visual contact with the spotter is not reality.
- Negligence in maintaining truck safety. A garbage truck always has several safety devices equipped, like horns, sensor technology, mirrors, lights, and back-up cameras. If the truck workers do not use the safety features or the safety features do not work because of improper maintenance, accidents can happen.
- Defective parts. The garbage truck includes several pieces. They are heavy-duty equipment